Monday, May 11, 2009

Meg's Garden

I wish I had started this blog earlier when my plants were still babies, but I was too busy and now they are growing so fast! Here are all of my plants:

These are the containers I planted to go on either side of my garage. I planted petunias, daisies, coleus, and green potato vine. I wish I had a picture of what the giant one looked like right after I planted it and it rained for a week straight. The whole thing looked dead as a doornail, and now it is so full and growing every day!

This is my container of romaine lettuce. It used to have accidental brussel sprout plants but they got bugs and I got scared and ripped them all out! When I bought these about a month ago they were about two inches high.

This is my mystery tomato plant. I seem to have a lot of mystery plants this year! I thought I bought cherry tomatoes, but once they started growing they were quite large! The ones on the top are small, but there are two large ones hiding underneath.

These are my herb plants. I decided to plant rosemary, basil, and dill. Mostly because I cook with those three all the time! They smell so good!
These are peppers and cucumbers. Both pepper plants are mystery colors. I can't remember if they are red, green or yellow! I guess I like a surprise! The cucumber plants I bought last Monday, so they have some catching up to do!

This container has two dahlia plants and cosmos. The purple and pink cosmos were planted already grown, and the ones on the outside I planted from seed. They didn't take long at all to sprout!
Here is what the whole shebang looks like!



1 comment:

  1. Very cool Meg! I'll see if I can get some pics of Linda's gardens posted. Yours are doing great. Our romaine lettuce is going crazy like yours and the herbs are growing like weeds. Everything else is looking good so far.

    ReplyDelete